Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Cut Above the Rest



I have chopped off all my hair!!!
I have always wanted to donate my hair to locks of love ever since i was a little girl. And this was my year!!! Not many know that I have "been blessed" with severe migraines and headaches my whole life. This did not allow me to grow my hair out very far simply because it was too heavy and would give me a headache. I would always get close to having the required 10 inches just to cut it again all because it was too heavy!!!!
Well this year i toughed it out because i thought this might be my last chance!!!
So i took good care of it and made sure to keep it trimmed so it would grow quicker!!!
This morning I went to the smae lady who has cut my hair since i was a wee one and i told her to chop it all off!!!!
We bundled it up and she started sawing away!!! And believe me!!! She had to saw!!!! She cute about 11 inches off when all the sawing was done!!! WHOA!!! It was short!!!
Then she just kept cutting!!! It was amazing how light my head felt!!!! After all was said and done....she had cut 13 inches.....and that was on my longest layer!!! It is a pretty big shock but it feels great!!! It will be a great refreshing change for me. It was about time!
So here goes.....The before pics (curly and straight)

And AFTER!!!!


Hang in there T!!! It is totally worth it!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaaha! I am hangin!!! But I am also getting attached to the hair! Just wish mine grew fast like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so WONDERFUL!!! You are such a sweet person thinking of others!! And you look great in short and long LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, you're adorable. and sweet. and such a lovely person. miss your guts! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so wonderful!!! What a blessing for someone. It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even realize your hair was that long! It's been forever since I've seen you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Good job little Mel. I'm growing mine out for donation No. 3 now. I'm probably a couple years out from donation time, but thanks for keeping me motivated.

    ReplyDelete