Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ode to my Daddy

In the spirit of fathers day...I thought that i would express some thoughts.


You know how they say that a girls first love is always her daddy....well i am here to tell you that it is 100% true! I love my dad. He has always been my hero. Sometimes quite literally! He is so much of the reason i am who i am today.


I remember, when we were little kids, waiting for dad to get home so that we could play!!! Even though he had just been working his butt off for hours and going to school...he always made time for us. I also remember family campouts and how fun he always made them!! He is where i got my love of camping, fishing, hiking, anything like that!! He was always so patient and giving and made sure that we were taken care of. I can remember thinking that my dad could do antyhing...and most of the time...that is still pretty accurate!! He is extremely talented and so smart. He is where i learned all of lifes most important lessons...wether by example or by him correcting my mistakes. He has always been my biggest support. No matter what i was doing...he was always there to incourage me, even if he didnt understand why or what i was doing. In all of the worst times in my life...he was my rock....and in all the great times....he has been there to make me laugh. I am so grateful for the time that i have had to get close to him and learn from him. I have always wanted to be so much like him. Hopefully someday i will.


Happy Fathers day Dad. I love you.




4 comments:

  1. Oh Sure....make your mom cry on Father's day. sniff. I agree, your dad is all of those things and more. You and were very lucky to have the dads we did. Thanks for loving your pop. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Ethan says get a life!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would have to agree he is like a dad to me too! He is one amazing person and love him as well! I love the picture by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should make a comment, because the others were in my name. I agree with everything you said. He is a great Dad. He just gets better as he grows older. Love Madie

    ReplyDelete